Monday, March 26, 2012

About Teenage Engagements....and Sex.

Sadly...an engagement can have two meanings. It has come to my attention that the teens where I live are whores. And my seminar in health won't do anything to change that!!! "Today we are going to talk about sex. Not everyone is doing it you know, but in your area there is one of the highest amounts of STDs and pregnancies." A bit of an oxymoron, don't you think?! And that's not even the worst of what I'm talking about. Some of these teens (who are lucky enough not to get infected or pregnant) are GETTING ENGAGED!

It's one thing to lose something precious to someone in a moment of passion. It's a beautiful thing to love them and stay with them after that, and to stay for as long as the relationship lasts. It is an entirely different thing to get engaged, with or without sexual intercourse in high school. You are committing yourself to that person and you have no IDEA what they intend because you can't read their minds! And I know I sound like a cynic, but mind you, this is coming from someone whose friends are wondering how I haven't frozen to death with my head all the way up in the clouds. But I have to wonder what is wrong with these people...but since I have nothing else to rant about, and I'm getting a little sick already of the idea of daily quotes, here's something fantastic. These are all real places....and here's the link if you wish to see a larger version: http://9gag.com/gag/2556573 (although I actually found it on pinterest)

No comments:

Post a Comment