Saturday, March 31, 2012

Today's Headaches! I mean...Music

It's official. I hate today's music. After hearing someone refer to Nicki Minaj as a lyrical angel, you'd think I'd be able to withstand anything. But earlier this evening I was taking a shower and listening to the usual crap music on our station. It was a decent line up so far, with Pink's "Get the Party Started" topping my list....when suddenly, a song I had never heard before came on! It was a little slow, and opened with a crappy guitar solo part, but I kept my hopes high!!! The rest of the song consisted of a stereotypical skinny non-hipster-defined-yet-still-trying-to-be-without-sounding-like-a-douche-but-still-totally-douche"ish" sounding guy singing "I just want you to know who I am" over and over and over and over and OVER AND OVER AND OVER!!! Seriously man, just tell me it once, tell me your name, and I'll not have wasted three and a half minutes of my life to your bullcrap.

 Apparently, this song was a huge hit in 1999 by the Goo Goo Dolls...so it's not necessarily new, but I'll bet anything that this is the source of douchebag sound today. Having never heard it, I presumed it was just another copycat song. But I'm also sticking with my earlier judgement! This song sucks, and I was 100% right for flipping off my radio the entire time.

On a side-note sneak peek into my world: I'm starting a song again! With very limited results, I have pieced THIS together.

"My resolve has resolved to stop holding me up/Gravity's not all that is holding me down"

COMMENT CHALLENGE: If there is anyone reading this, help me to stop sounding like a whiny teenage boy getting his first period (and that was a joke, I know perfectly well how reproductive organs work).

No comments:

Post a Comment