Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Hey! Well this is kind of what happens. Two posts in a day, then nothing for awhile...just warning the select few that will read this. But today's topic is none other than music! As a songwriter it's kind of an obligation of mine to like it, but I have a few recent favorites, like Bodywork. Sung by Morgan Page featuring Tegan and Sara, this song is so amazing that I'm listening to it even as I write this.







Another amazing song is The Zombie Song by Stephanie Mabey. Not even kidding, this chick has some serious talent for songwriting. And if you're into listening to music not a lot of people know about...it's for you. As are all of her songs. My best friend Shelby (Who I'm in a band with :D) only even found it due to her obsession with the flesh-eating creatures. But it does kick some serious ass and is totally sweet.





Adore the band, adore the guy, adore the songs! Brendan Yurie from Panic at the Disco...insane pipes, insane lyrics, insane sexiness. You get it. I adore it all, and it's pretty insane. But don't take my word for it, be smart and press the giant play button!









And finally, we come to my favorite group ever! I had a lot of others i would add into this blog including MCR, FATM, and others that would be impossible to anagram. But nothing compares to S.R.D. or Safe Route Down. My two best girlfriends and I started it a year ago, and it's mainly up to me to write lyrics, Shel to come up with ideas, and Mandi to think up the music. Sure I won't deny we suck, but it's because we've only met a few times! We all have kick-butt vocals and are futilely trying to make it big. But we don't even care about all that. We spend over half of our band meetings laughing and loving having an excuse to hang out :)




Well, that's all I've got for today, unless.....*poof* a quote! Oh do tell us, Allison! Very well, the quote is: "Don't be a carbon copy of one of God's great creations. Suck it up and be yourself." And with that, I say, have a good afternoon, readers, and don't be afraid to follow me if you exist somewhere out there! I won't delete you.....even if you're.....Belgian. Belgians rule.

No comments:

Post a Comment